PRODUCTION ASSISTANT FOR PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER
Linda Mackie Photography is a Victoria-based professional photographer looking to hire a proficient and reliable assistant to help with various administrative and production related tasks.
The position will begin as casual, part time basis with the intention to grow the position as my business grows. In addition to compensation, the ideal candidate will also receive invaluable business mentoring and training in various aspects of the position.
A trial period will be agreed upon to ensure that the role is working out for both of us.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
- full of integrity
- fast learner
- clear and honest communicator
- easy going
RESPONSIBILITIES may include, but are not limited to:
- Client Database and CRM maintenance
- Schedule appointments; coordinating with clients and team (Photographer, Assistant, Makeup Artist, and Sales Rep, as necessary)
- Prepare studio for presentations and photoshoots
- Assist on various photo shoots including behind the scenes documentation
- Tidy studio and office areas
- Create professional, accurate emails, presentations, manuals, documents
- Assist with creating, writing and editing blog posts, newsletter, brochures and emails
- Market research and analysis, identifying key players in the industry and booking speaking opportunities
- Basic bookkeeping including sorting/filing and using online software
- File Management (Filing paper and organizing computer files using Dropbox etc.)
- Develop and document each component of the Personal Assistant Position (for training purposes
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Have a car and a valid license with a clean driving record
- Have a Mac laptop and/or computer and cell phone that allows for calling and text messaging
- Experience as a personal/administrative assistant and/or experience in an office environment
- Experience in Marketing and/or Public Relations
- Experience with Mac software including but not limited to Pages, Numbers, Keynote etc); Microsoft Office experience an asset but not necessary
- Experience using Photoshop and Lightroom
- Experience with Social Media, including Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, and Twitter
- Comfortable and proficient at learning and applying new technical skills
REQUIRED SKILLS & TRAITS
- Good planning and prioritization skills
- Open to learning and taking direction
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Relationship-building people skills
- Strong phone and communication skills
- Professional, diplomatic and positive attitude
- Able to exercise good judgment and show initiative
- High standard of work ethic, integrity and commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- Research, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively follow through to completion with little guidance once tasks have been assigned
- Studio is located on the Westshore in Victoria, BC - (first 1-2 weeks (for trial/training) will be in the studio)
- Work hours after training will be done mostly virtually with some time back in the office/studio
- Estimated hours: 2+ hours/month - flexible then gradually building up from there
- Start Date: January 2018 or earlier depending
Compensation will begin at $12-$14 per hour commensurate on experience and suitability. The ideal candidate will also receive valuable business mentoring and on the job training.
HOW TO APPLY TODAY!
The application process will take you about 10-15 minutes. Linda will contact the promising candidates for an online video interview. Successful candidates will be asked for an up-to-date criminal record check (cost reimbursed if hired) and 2-4 business references.